Monday, July 7, 2008

Daily Dinner Ideas

Are you stuck in the dreaded daily dinner discussion? What do you want? I don't care? blah blah blah....

Well worry no longer! Diva Sprout is to the rescue. I will be posting daily recipes for a fantastic family dinner. So without further ado...my all time favorite dinner recipe just for you!







Carrie's Chicken Enchiladas





4 boneless skinless chicken breasts

1 pkg. taco seasoning

1 - 8oz sour cream

1 can cream of chicken soup

1 Lg can Enchilada Sauce (El Pato is my fave)

4 - 5 c. shredded fiesta blend cheese

1 pkg. 20 count flour tortillas





Boil chicken breast in water with taco seasoning. Drain chicken and shred with a fork or chop in food processor.

Mix together soup and sour cream

In a 9x13 baking dish, add a small amount of Enchilada sauce to cover the bottom of dish. In a flour shell, spread a tablespoon of soup mixture on the bottom, top with a little of the shredded chicken and add a tablespoon of enchilada sauce. Top that with some of the cheese and roll. Place in baking dish and repeat process until dish is full.

Spread the remaining soup mix over top of enchiladas and then pour remaining enchilada sauce over that. Cover with remaining cheese.

Cover dish with aluminum foil and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.





This recipe can be made ahead and refrigerated the day before.





Serve enchiladas with Spanish Rice (Zataran's is my fave)and re fried beans.





I love these enchilada's and I hope it will be a favorite of yours too.





Enjoy!



Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger SunEGrl said...

OMG those look so good. I just made Chicken Enchiladas on Friday and they were awesome. I used the Whole Wheat Tortillas and they were totally on my diet. I'm going to have to have them again soon.

7/07/2008 10:19:00 PM  
Blogger Lady Language said...

This is a great idea! I have been eating out too much lately because I am bored with cooking for the family.

7/07/2008 11:21:00 PM  
Blogger Chic Gal said...

Oh I'm forever in your debit! Thank you, thank you!

7/08/2008 12:22:00 AM  
Blogger Stacey Moore said...

these look yummy ~ can't wait to try them!!

7/08/2008 12:32:00 PM  
Blogger Chic Gal said...

Carrie~my daughter and I just made these for dinner. They were excited! Thanks so much!

7/09/2008 10:01:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home