Tuesday, June 24, 2008

GARDEN SHOWER....INDOORS


Over the weekend I pulled together a couple's wedding shower using a garden theme indoors. It took some creative thinking to keep it under budget and still have the Southern Elegance feel, but I think I may have pulled it off.

Instead of using flowers such as roses and such that will die and can be expensive, I chose to use Periwinkles and Zinnias as my centerpieces which can be planted in my garden later. I took a wide mouth Mason Jar and added a white paper lunch bag and then a quart size Ziploc bag, placed the flowers inside, added a little water, a ribbon and voila! A perfect Garden Centerpiece.

Keeping the theme going, I used twinkle lights and garden flowers on a backdrop for the romantic feel, yellow gingham table covers and an oval tin bucket for the fruit arrangement. I served nothing but desserts (homemade of course) and a fun whimsical cake with the couples pictures on it. Pink lemonade was the perfect drink with lemon slices floating on top.




All in all it was a very fun and inexpensive shower for my close friends. Everyone left full of sugar and sweeter than when they arrived! heehee
I hope you enjoy the pictures!


Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger SunEGrl said...

It looks beautiful, you did a great job. Too bad I can't hire you for my hotel. lol

6/24/2008 08:51:00 PM  
Blogger Stacey Moore said...

awesome!! love the pictures on the cake!! looks like a great time!!

6/25/2008 12:31:00 PM  
Blogger The Muse said...

I just cannot imagine a more lighthearted, sweet and oh so summery event!

Carrie your talent and goodness of heart show through in everything you do...amazing...

I am so happy to see your work!!

6/25/2008 03:15:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home